Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know if it's a call at 4:26 am it's not good...

This was the view FROM MY BOAT...after a long search...

We rescued Sharkbait from out 2-3 miles past the # 1 Buoy. They limped back to just about the mouth of the Pass..Then towed them against the outgoing tide to Daybreak Marina.

They were out fishing all night and testing their new GPS....

The GPS worked great....

"A Man has got to know his limitations."

·
Topwater Bluefish fan
1,276 Posts
I remember the saying "red at morn , sailor's scorn" .

great pic of the sunrise , glad to see it was a successful rescue .

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
<P align=left>Todd....<P align=left>Wow, that's a good friend, why not post your number for all your other good friends! <P align=left>
<P align=left><P align=left>Don't worry about me,I rarely hit the water before 6am!<P align=left><P align=left>

·
Registered
401 Posts
Was this last sunday? Think I saw you, it was a GREAT fishing morning also. From the looks of things you guys didnt get to enjoy it fishing anyways. YOU ARE A GREAT PERSON TO DO THAT. We broke down about a month ago infront of ft pickens and a guy towed us back in some rough stuff, took us about a hour and half to get to navy point. The guy wouldnt take a dime and we stuffed it in his shirt pocket. took it out and said I have been there paying my dues. I was very impressed and now waiting for my call to return the favor. HELP WHEN YOU CAN, YOU MAY HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, BUT WHEN YOU DO, WATCHING PEOPLE FLY BY IS NOT FUN

·
Registered
238 Posts
Todd, I cant thank you that wonderful gal of yours. We went out about 8 miles at about 10:00pm the nite before, after a quick stop by the good ole boys, that would be FWC. Like you said just checking the GPS and checking a hole or two. Too bad I wasnt captain although I did most of the driving since my old HIGHschool buddy wasnt really listening to logic as he was running us a nice chum slick. Of his own makings. We anchored up after finding a little structure and some fish on the bottom machine. All the while kinda explaining what I was doing. Of course sittin still in darkness didnt help our new capt. jd. He just kept on chuming. After bout 3am he'd had enough and I figured it was time for the next lesson. ALWAYS FILL THE BOAT COMPLETLEY UP. The water really has never scared ne and I new worst case scenario we sink and tread water till someone or something comes along. He's really got a sound boat though. Wave action was maybe two, three foot. I my self didn't mind it, It's just never seem to bother me. But I do have to say, the dry heaving didn't slow him down. We anchored up a few miles outta the pass and well You and that beautiful bride came for us. I really, really did appreciate it man. I got some good shots of JD laying down that chum line, There on that phone Teri lynn let me borrow,thank God & her, after my smart phone took a swim a couple days before haulin in that smoker King. I couldnt help it man, At one point he looked up at me and said "Are you having fun with your canera phone??"

But hey, he kept right on fishing. Said he's tried dramamine before but it didnt help. I've always used a little grub and a Guinness or four. I just have never had a problem with it. And Todd if Im not mistaken, you and I have been in some 6 foot wave action a time or two. Oh well, another one to remember. Can't wait till the next one. Id bet anything that 18' Sea Pro will have enough fuel on board to fish the damn Nipple next time. he,he,he. If anybody has any ideas on JDs seasick cures please enlighten us. Thanks T&T

·
Banned
464 Posts
Way to go Todd!!! As far as the sea sickness, the way I learned was to just tough it out and eventually it doesn't bother you any more. Or, some say to down a few ginger snaps before going out. is now 5:00am and I am going out to the pass to try for some kings and spanish. Got to get out of the house and on the water!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, at least we all caught fish the day before,when someone else was in charge.

Here the pics from that trip, same boat:

One of us better stick to taking pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts