Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fought him for 1hr 30mins on 10lb mono main, 15lb floro ledder, good fight. There are so many reds you might as well get a good fight, instead of just cranking them in with heavy tackle.

Attachments

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,092 Posts
GOOD job... grouper22 and I got into a school of bulls one day and used 6" test to land probably 8 or so fish all in the 30# class. Just outside the pass on the east shoal. Probably 4 years ago though...What a blast!!!

We thought about chasing a couple down but were able to turn them in time.

The important thing is that the fish will be WORN OUT when you finally land it or boat it. Take the time, and it can take 10 minutes or so to revive the fish.

It's a blast and will make you a better fisherman to catch a big fish on tiny line.

Jim

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Nice job!! That's the only way to catch them! I use 10lb test when fishing for them also! Way more fun that way.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice job. I caught one in December 2007 in fish river that went just over 30lbs on 14lb. I tip my hat to your battle with you being landlocked. :clap

·
Super Moderator
6,985 Posts
jim t (9/30/2009)GOOD job... grouper22 and I got into a school of bulls one day and used 6" test to land probably 8 or so fish all in the 30# class. Just outside the pass on the east shoal. Probably 4 years ago though...What a blast!!!

We thought about chasing a couple down but were able to turn them in time.

The important thing is that the fish will be WORN OUT when you finally land it or boat it. Take the time, and it can take 10 minutes or so to revive the fish.

It's a blast and will make you a better fisherman to catch a big fish on tiny line.

Jim

Nice red, much more rewarding on very light tackle.

That was a fun afternoon Jim!! I miss the old boat but Spork is definately getting good use out of it. Looking forward to Venice,

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts