Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few honey holes loaded with reds from ten inches to over 30 the only problem is no matter what time of day or tide they wont eat, every now in then they bite on gulp shrimp but the last few days i been out probally 20 hours and only hooked two and only landed one. I saw over 30 different reds, no matter what i throw at them they wont eat. Iam not alot using live bait, i like to have more of a challenge. SO does anyone have any special combos they get alot of hits on...?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
chasentail (6/3/2008)I have a few honey holes loaded with reds from ten inches to over 30 the only problem is no matter what time of day or tide they wont eat, every now in then they bite on gulp shrimp but the last few days i been out probally 20 hours and only hooked two and only landed one. I saw over 30 different reds, no matter what i throw at them they wont eat. Iam not alot using live bait, i like to have more of a challenge. SO does anyone have any special combos they get alot of hits on...?

Let me know the honey holes and I'll go see if I can get them to eat...then I'll report back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha if i told u were the honey holes were they wouldn't be honey holes anymore they would get over fished

i have thrown everything and anything poppers spoons gulp (many different kinds and colors) other jigs and some bass stuff, they juss wont eat......

·
Registered
802 Posts
Cast net live bait and put them out there with little lead as possible 1/2oz or so. I always liked an out going tide with fast moving water for Reds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help, my dad trys to tell me about the dead sticking or w/e its called, I juss cna't see the logic in it maybe its time to listen.....Thanks for the help, if i catch one i will make sure to upload the pictures

1 - 7 of 7 Posts