Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know the Reds were out Wendsday night at three mile. They were breaking the surface all around us but couldnt get any to take a top water bate. Caught four on the bottom using dead shrimp. Only was able to keep one and it measured 27 inches. We measured it like 10 times and couldnt get it to measure out over 27. I must have pinched the damn tail 10 different ways. I was scarred to keep it, with my luck someone else would measure 27 1/16. Anyone else throw back a fish that was dead on the upper or lower limit? I think from now on I'll make it 18 1/4 to 26 3/4, its not worth the stress. Also I threw in a pic of an albino squirrel we saw at the bayou Texar boat ramp.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I remember catching a red that measured 27 on the dot once. I thought about throwing it back but changed my mind. I was nervous as heck. Measured it and measured it. Sure enough FWC came out and wanted to measure my fish..........I went to measure it for them and he stopped me before I got done and told me to have a good day........whew!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I was at Pickens pier when a fellow PFF'er (can't remember who, they were in another boat) caught a 27'' on the dot redfish with the tail pinched. The FWC arrived right when the fish was landed and the FWC guy looked at the measurement and said he could keep it. He also said that another officer may see it differently, and to always throw it back if there is any doubt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts