Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a recurve or longbow they been thinking about selling? Inhave a Great Plains Palo Duro sold my Harrison a while back. Been thinking about getting something different. I might be interested in trading my Great Plains depending on the bow if that interest anyone as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Anyone got a recurve or longbow they been thinking about selling? Inhave a Great Plains Palo Duro sold my Harrison a while back. Been thinking about getting something different. I might be interested in trading my Great Plains depending on the bow if that interest anyone as well.
Don't want your post to get hijacked, but have to ask. You hunt with recurve or long bows? Been thinking about trying it this season for an added challenge.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I've never hunted with one. It's something I've wanted to do but never have been brave enough to try. It's something I have dibble dabbled in over the years. If I practice I can get really good. When I blew my shoulder out a few years back I kind of got out of it but have got the bug again.

Emerald...I've actually shot a friend of mines savanna a few years ago. They are nice bows.

I've kind if always wanted a black widow and a Acadian if anyone has one they'd like to part with.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've got a PSE Heritage Legacy 66" 50# that is practically brand new. Bought it not realizing how much too much a 50# traditional bow was for me. Let me know what it's worth to you. I live in Daphne, Al, and work in Fairhope.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ihave a PSE coyote takedown recurve 45# draw weight with carbon arrows with feathers,quiver that I will take $150 for

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks on the PSE offers. I want something a little more custom made. As far as commercial bows I would be interested in a Bear Kodiak 60" 45-50lb or maybe an older Martin.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't wanna high jack your thread, and I don't have an info on finding one... but I do want to encourage you giving it a shot... no pun intended.

I have my grandads ol' Shakespeare recurve he used to hunt black bear in California and WVa with... I made it my goal to make my first bow kill with it... took two years and 7 misses. It's so cool, man. You will laugh/cry over and over and over again. I have a Hoyt Alphamax now... Feels like cheatin'!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts