Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already use Arrest Max for my established clover and broad leaf food plots which works rather well. But it is too expensive to use on all the food plots and the club has too many, to include about 2 miles of powerline! No, we do not plant the entire powerline but spraying really helps the tractor guys out with brush hogging!

I was looking at the RM43 Total Vegetation Control but it warns against using this where you want to plant. Anyone with any experience with RM43?

Recommendations for weed killer for food plots other than round up which seems not to kill anything anymore.

I use a Fimco 65 Gallon boomless sprayer with my Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe. I saw a thread earlier that talked about some sort of marker mixed in so as to not over spray the same areas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Ok so, arrest max active ingredient is clethodim. You can find just that ingredient and mix up your own. Clethodim is mostly gonna kill the grasses in the clover plots and should be ok for the other thing planted in there. It wont kill the broadleaf weeds though. For that you need 2,4d(b) very important that the b is there. Still use glyphosate to kill everything. Mix at 3oz per gallon. Yes you can get tracker from most chemical warehouse. Probably co-ops and big feed stores. We buy ours from FIS or lesco. The stuff from tractor supply just doesnt work as well. Itll leave you a blue path to follow. No over laps saves lots of fuel, time, and chemical.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so, arrest max active ingredient is clethodim. You can find just that ingredient and mix up your own. Clethodim is mostly gonna kill the grasses in the clover plots and should be ok for the other thing planted in there. It wont kill the broadleaf weeds though. For that you need 2,4d(b) very important that the b is there. Still use glyphosate to kill everything. Mix at 3oz per gallon. Yes you can get tracker from most chemical warehouse. Probably co-ops and big feed stores. We buy ours from FIS or lesco. The stuff from tractor supply just doesnt work as well. Itll leave you a blue path to follow. No over laps saves lots of fuel, time, and chemical.

Copy, just learned something. Had to do some research of the differences between 2,4d & 2,4d(b). Thanks. Looks like I'll be putting some miles on my UTV the weekend of 1 Aug.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
so free-range meat that is free of chemicals is gonna be polluted with human chemicals. ya'll must give the meat away.
but, of course you'll say, "what in the world doesn't have man-made chemicals in the meat? " true. i agree.
jack

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
that expression is priceless.hahahaha
jack

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
We ingest glyphosate everyday in the foods we eat. So much used in the world. Even in the organic side. Unless it was newly broke ground it had some in the soil.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you've ever tried to break up a bunch of grass infested green fields you'd be spraying also. Spraying now cuts my work in half.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we convinced our club board to pay for weed killer and I used my 45 gallon boom-less sprayer in my Honda Pioneer. We tried 2.5 Gallon Grazon on the powerline and 2.5 Gallon (had probably another tank full left) Cornerstone on the rest of the food plots. It took me roughly 12 hours running back and forth to the clubhouse to get water to spray everything. We will see on 29 Aug just how good the weed killer works and hopefully we have better food plots this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts