Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, a few friends and I will be in town for a week in june(12-19) and wanted to hire a guide to do some fishing while we were there.
We wanted to see if you guys could recommend any good and "relatively" affordable guides. We would like to fish for snapper if possible, but basically any good eating fish is good as well.

It would be 3 of us and would not like to break the bank.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
13,048 Posts
Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money to go with someone reputable. An extra couple hundred bucks will be the difference between catching a limit of snapper, and having a couple of 16" fish...

Reel way fishing charters (captain Kenny way
Panhandle (captain Kenny lewis)
Strickly fishing (captain Zack strickland)
Those will be my first 3 calls, and they are probably booked up a good part of June already, and for good reason.

All 3 can be found on Facebook or Google, these are full time captains who do this for a living.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
We fish with Capt. Brett Tennant with Bout Time Charters a couple times a year and always do well.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'll chime in with what John B. said, albeit I have no guides to recommend over your way. I work in Gulf Shores and usually go for jogs on my lunch break. My route takes me under the Highway 59 bridge/boat launch where I often see guides dropping people off from half day trips. It always dumbfounds me to see what people pay for... example, the guide is cleaning one 16" red fish and three white trout between four people. I mean if you had a good time that's all that matters, but damn I would hate to fork out several hundred bucks for a less than stellar trip.

Do your due diligence and get your money's worth!

·
Bearded Brotula
12,720 Posts
I'll chime in with what John B. said, albeit I have no guides to recommend over your way. I work in Gulf Shores and usually go for jogs on my lunch break. My route takes me under the Highway 59 bridge/boat launch where I often see guides dropping people off from half day trips. It always dumbfounds me to see what people pay for... example, the guide is cleaning one 16" red fish and three white trout between four people. I mean if you had a good time that's all that matters, but damn I would hate to fork out several hundred bucks for a less than stellar trip.

Do your due diligence and get your money's worth!
Went to the Sloop to eat the other day and there were 4 or 5 googans sitting around watching this guy clean fish while sitting on a bucket. Didn't see what he was cleaning, but that probably wasn't too far off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts