Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to sharePART of a fun trip sunday. These guys were caught 25 miles offshore. At times we would have 5 hooked up a one time. There is no shortage of bull reds in the GOM. A very cold day to be offshore.Thanks Jody (corpsman) for taking the picture.Gene

This was another part of the post that was left out last week. Jody these two pics are for you.

·
Premium Member
9,818 Posts
hey Gene, i was wondering where ya'll had been. pretty fish. i wish i was as tuff as ya'll. i'm holding my breath. it's just about over, i hope.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
Team Recess, You guys are just fish magnets.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
IT WAS PRETTY COLD OUT THERE WITHOUT ANY SUNSHINE(WHICH THE WEATHER SAID WOULD BE OUT!!:banghead) BUT THERE WAS ENOUGH STEADY ACTION TO KEEP YOU WARM. WAS CATCHING JACKS AT ONE TIME FAST ENOUGH TO SWEAT THROUGH 2 LAYWERS OF CLOTHS. ROB WAS CATCHING THEM ON BUTTERFLY JIGS 2 AT A TIME.NOT JUST ONCE,NOT EVEN TWICE, BUT 3 TIMES. WE WERE JUST OUT STRETCHING OUR ARMS AND LINES. IT WAS A LOT OF FUN.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Great catch!!!!! I was able to get out yesterday also, and I was surprised when my partner C-Monsters pulled up a huge bull red. I would have never thought of those fish hanging out in 200 ft of water 20+ miles offshore.

·
Registered
502 Posts
great picture guys!...those redfish were definitely in spawning mode if they were that deep from what i've read. don't think we caught them that deep last year.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gone Fishin Too That must of been you that we passed heading out. We seen two boats all day long a commerical long line boat and I think you. Good to see you get out and have some fun in the cold. Gene

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You guys sure are hard core!! The way yall were dressed you could have gone snow skiing if the fish had not been biting! Cool pics!

MSyellowfin

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Outstanding day with new friends. It was freaky seeing those reds way out in the gulf. They were fun. Finest meal i have ever had on a boat. Why is it that food always tastes better offshore? Try that with ribeye fresh off the grill! this crew is a well oiled machine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
nice fish. just wondering if you guys keep these fish since yall caught them in federal waters. not tryin to rain on anybodys parade i just thought you couldnt harvast them in federal waters. anyways nice job like always

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes we keep up with the regulations, and all of the fish that were not in season were released to fight another day. Thanks for your concern though.

Team Recess

Rob

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Corpsman (2/9/2010)Outstanding day with new friends. It was freaky seeing those reds way out in the gulf. They were fun. Finest meal i have ever had on a boat. Why is it that food always tastes better offshore? Try that with ribeye fresh off the grill! this crew is a well oiled machine.
Jody Thanks you for the comments. It was good having you on the boat sunday. I hope you enjoyed yourself. I am sure your arms are alittle sore after this one. How did you like the taste of the scorpion grouper? Untill next time. Gene

1 - 20 of 33 Posts