Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been watching the weather all weekto try and get offshore for a little R&R. The weather man was right on with this forecast. The winds starting blowing in the morning from the NE at about five knots with a gentle one to two foot seas; no real swell to speak of. We headed out of the Pensacola Pass in search ofany kind of live bait.After a 30minute hunt we threw in the towel on that one. We were unable to find any bait under or around the bouys. The engine throttles were pushed up to maintain a 30 knot run to the SW. Temperatures at that point were 43 degrees and soon warmed up to 56 degrees, 10 minutes later. Our first stop was almost a total bomb. AJ's were all over the rocks and something big was eating some of the larger one's that were hooked up. We quickly left that area in hopes of finding some gags, mingo's and scamp's. We picked away at a few of the scamp and mingo's but did not have the first bite from a gag. After our fourth spot and very little fish in the cooler we decided to go and catch half our limit of snowy sgrouper and try some new ways to catch some longtail bass. We did not catch any longtails but the new rig did work well for snowys'. We were off to the NE to try again to find the mongo mingo that we were on two weeks ago.We picked away on the mingo's and were also able to finda few almacos and loads of red snappers. Witha fullbox of fish, it was time to head in andget the catch fillet up.The biggest snowy weighed in at 26 pounds and it was good to be offshore with friends and be able to catch a few fish. Gene, Tim, B-rad, Rob and Cliff

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Nice haul. Glad to hear someone is getting out!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice job guy's!!!

Saw the truck there all day and :reallycrying.

Glad somebody is going out and keeping the fish on thier toes!!!!

Is thatBRad all bundled up and unrecognizable?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Great Job Gene & Recess Team!

Heard you guys on the radio as we turned over every dangrock in the Yellow Gravellooking for anythingfor the dinner table; however,it was just not in the cards until a delightful surprisethatmade my day. :)

As always another great report from the Recess Team! :bowdown

Jimmy

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Run Dover (1/14/2010)Nice job guy's!!!

Saw the truck there all day and :reallycrying.

Glad somebody is going out and keeping the fish on thier toes!!!!

Is thatBRad all bundled up and unrecognizable?
Scot B-rad says that his picture is up on the post office walls and he does not want anyone to see him. He may be wanted by the FBI. Come to think of it I don't think we have seen him with out a mask of some kind.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
it was a real fun day on the water.we got to try some new stuff to see what worked. some did and some didn't. got to use my torque200...sweet,strong reel. i think everyone had a great time just getting out on the water,watching the sun come up on the way out and go down on the way in. we'll do it again when nature will allow us to.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pinksnappercatcher (1/14/2010)B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

G-R-O-U-P-E-R-S.

Did Tim keep the grouper master title again?
Joe You canjust about bet on that 90% of the time. Yea he did. I think in another life he was a fish.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Great report and pic's once again!!! congrats:bowdown:clap

Are You and Nona doing OK after the accident?....besides being sore..:grouphug

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ironman172 (1/14/2010)Great report and pic's once again!!! congrats:bowdown:clap

Bill Thanks for asking. We are both doing better. But Nona told me again that I am a real pain in the neck and that I still need to get my head examined for fishing after yesterday.:doh

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
PURPLE HAZE (1/15/2010)
ironman172 (1/14/2010)Great report and pic's once again!!! congrats:bowdown:clap

Bill Thanks for asking. We are both doing better. But Nona told me again that I am a real pain in the neck and that I still need to get my head examined for fishing after yesterday.:doh
I'm glad to hear your bothdoing OK!!! and thanks for the

1 - 20 of 36 Posts