Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim, Rob, Cliff, Bill, Captain Gene, and I hit the pass soon after first light and another awesome breakfast at Gene's house. We had a few live baits and initially wanted to target some shallow water grouper. However, wind and current eventually led us to change plans and head a little deeper. We picked up 4 ajs on the way out and picked away at some snowys and golden tiles. Tim caught the fish of the day,a 20+ lb golden tile. We had another fun day out there and are looking forward to breaking out the trolling gear soon.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
nice Recess. i have just got to ask, do ya'll ever have a day when you don't catch good? JUST KIDDING.congratulations. ya'll do know how to fish.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
WE HAVE A LOT OF FUN WHEN WE FISH. WE TRY TO BE READY TO CHANGE TACTICS AND PLACES IF SOMETHING DOESN'T SEEM TO GET THE DESIRED RESULT. WE TRYED SOME NEW PLACES TODAY THAT DIDN'T PRODUCE, BUT THATS HOW YOU LEARN WHEN AND WHERE TO CATCH FISH. WHEN YOU PUT YOUR TIME IN SCOPING OUT NEW STUFF YOU'LL EVENTUALY KNOW WHAT TO DO,WHEN TO DO IT AND WHERE. A FRIEND OF MINE ALWAYS SAYS, "THAT THE BEST FISH WE'LL CATCH TODAY WILL COME OFF SOMETHING THAT WE JUST FOUND".AND MOST OF THE TIME HE'S RIGHT. GOOD LUCK HUNTING!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
The only way I can keep up with the calendar dates right now is by the recess reports. Im so busy this week, I don't even know what day it is, but always tune in for the action. 4/10, the month is flying by.

Good work on the trip.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It was another great day to be able to go fishing with friends. The weather allow us to get offshore and roll the dice. The surface currents lately have been kicking our butts. But we try and make do with what is handed us. Congrates goes to Tim for our largest golden tilefish to date. I think everyone had a great day out there. It was good that Bill was able to get out there again and I hope he came away with some good memories. Here is a few pictures.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty sure the spinycheek scorpionfish that Cliff caught yesterday would have broken the IGFA world record if it had not been caught on an electric. It weighed around 3lbs on the boga, and the world record is listed as 1lb 9oz.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
What a great day it was!!!The crew treated me like one of them with the ribbing and all...the catching was good,but had to search for the fish....congrats to Tim for that stud golden tile:clap....I'm sure there will be more in the Teams future....

It was very nice to meet Rob this trip and Brad on both trips....I had fun catching bait with Gene and Cliff...Thanks to all for more than my fare share of the fish:bowdown....

my pictures are going to have to wait:banghead...as the card reader I bought is not compatible to my PC...

I want to Thank Gene,Nona,and crew for showing me an awesome time!!It will be some great memories for me for a long time to come...you guys are the best!!!!:bowdown

·
Registered
330 Posts
Everyone had a great time on the water yesterday with a lot of good natured ribbing. It was nice to finally meet Bill, and I think we hooked him with some pretty good eats for a while. Bill your beef jerkey was off the charts good. I ate more than my fair share of it and my teeth are feeling the pain today. Did not take as many action shots as usual on this trip, so we will make up for it on the next one. Here are the two that I actually took.

Headed East toward the pass from Sherman's Cove, another stunning sunrise greets us as we head out into the GOM.

Tim with the catch of the day, fish weighed a hair over 20 pounds when we got back tothe house.

Team Recess

Rob

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congrats Tim on the huge GT. I'm glad you guys could get out and give us another great report. I am gettin real tired of saying "You guys rock!" lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think we saw you outside the pass and then ran with you for a few minutes. We were in Tupelo Honey a yellow Pursuit 3070.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
That must have been yall in the cuddy running with us ,it was a little bumpy but you never know unless you go.

For everything else i had a great time guys it was alot of fun {execpt my headache that wouldn't go away} .Bill it is a treat to have such a positive person on the boat with us ,and thanks for being such a good sport about the ribbing,You are a very good fisherman.Hope you have a safe trip back to Ohio. Till next time .

TIM

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
recess (4/11/2010)That must have been yall in the cuddy running with us ,it was a little bumpy but you never know unless you go.

For everything else i had a great time guys it was alot of fun {execpt my headache that wouldn't go away} .Bill it is a treat to have such a positive person on the boat with us ,and thanks for being such a good sport about the ribbing,You are a very good fisherman.Hope you have a safe trip back to Ohio. Till next time .

TIM
Thanks for the kind words Tim....since I was your headache....I guess you won't need anymore advil for it...since I'm leaving town:banghead:poke....:crying...till the next time(it won't come soon enough)

Thanks soooooo much again!!!:bowdown... Team Recess

·
Registered
549 Posts
Run Dover (4/11/2010)NICE!!!!!!!

What were the wave heights?
Scot it was a nice 1 to 3s from the east. Not a bad ride at all. Coming bacl in it was from 070 degrees, but then again not a bad ride. See you out there next time.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
i just opened an account on youtube and put a video of tim's golden tile but can't figure out how to get it on here. heck i can't even find it on you tube. need some help here if some one can tell me how to get the video. i can only find it in my account and it plays fine but can't get it elsewhere. i'm getting very aggrivated at this point:banghead:banghead:banghead. HELP!!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts