Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi chris, growing pains arrrrrrrggggghyhhhhhhhh!!! ( for you, not me!!)

i have gotten accustomed to using the recent posts since my last visit option. but i notice that it doesnt seem to be tied to my user name, but to the last computer i used. for example, i mostly use my office computer during the day and then my laptop at night. i didnt really notice until i didnt use my office computer from fri-sun. when i reviewed recent posts since last visit on my office puter it showed that i hadnt viewed what i actually had been viewing on my laptop at home over the weekend. is this clear 2 u?

thanks

fred

oh, i noticed something else. i closed the forum, closed the browser, then reopened everything and went to recent posts, and posts since LAST VISIT. it still showed the same posts from the previous visit.

so what qualifies a "recent posts since last visit"?

i know, wah wah. just curious, no big deal. forum is awesome

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, i am used to the above now. but one thing that i find frustrating is that all the recent posts arents "posts" at all, but replies to the posts. is there an option to really show only the recent posts and not the recent replies to posts?

thanks

fred

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
You are correct, it is tied to cookies verses login. I also agree that this is a poor method of controlling new post and will try to address it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts