Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if you have done away with that feature. I do like the new Recent Posts search function. Especially the "Posts since my last visit". Very nice addition.:toast

Can I also recommend a emoticon ofa smiley stirring a pot. Might be kind of appropriate from time to time.:hehe:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I am going to work on making a front page that works with this database and displays the last 20 or so posts. Right now I am just trying to make it where I can switch over. There are too many features to list that this forum script has over the old one. Even the newer version of the old script I used doesn't have 1/2 of the features this one does.

Some of the really cool featuers are <UL><LI>Being able to upload photos directly into posts and have them resized to no more that 500 pixels.</LI><LI>Being able to store PM's in different folders that you can create.</LI><LI>PM notification system that alerts you every 10 minutes with a pop-up if you have unread messages (you can choose to ignore if you are wanting to post on something and got a PM)</LI><LI>RSS feeds for those who know how to use them (great for mobile phones, e-mail and so on)</LI><LI>Thread rating system to allow users to rate threads</LI><LI>Very powerfull search that will not die with lots of posts</LI><LI>Ability to click the little minus icon to collapse things you are not interested in</LI><LI>Who's viewing what everywhere you look...</LI><LI>Tons more Admin and Mod control</LI><LI>Ignore and Buddy list</LI><LI>Viewing of profiles offers lots more options</LI><LI>Spell Check</LI><LI>on and on and on...</LI>[/list]

As far as emotions, I will work on adding them and making them fit the needs of this forum as time goes on. I added some that we all love and will continue to add the rest.

Thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
Okay so I am a slow ol country boy..:sleeping..Found it...I got distracted cause this here forum is so purty. BBob

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
BBob (9/28/2007)U going to put in a help page....ie. how do you rate a thread..u state ironman got a 5??? BBob
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl6_lblFullMessage>My 5 rating was probably the contents of the pic's as Chris is a deer hunter too!!!!but I don't know for sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts