Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Smapper days

Well seeing how us private guys get 3 days and you SOB charter guys get 69 days, you should have some open days. Just know a LOT of reasonable minded people are working hard to change this so we private guys stop getting screwed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a SOB I'm really reasonable and I understand your discontent. Your attitude is why things are difficult to get anything accomplish. We all need to work together as sportsman and we could get a good resolution for all. As long as we keep being upset with each other it is not going to be good for any one. Just a thought. I'm not trying to disrespect your opinion. Just giving mine on the situation.

·
Super Moderator
19,708 Posts
Well seeing how us private guys get 3 days and you SOB charter guys get 69 days, you should have some open days. Just know a LOT of reasonable minded people are working hard to change this so we private guys stop getting screwed.
Grouping all the federal guys in the same category is ignorant as hell.

·
Doc Holiday
49 Posts

And this is so ignorant...
Fed licensed boats follow fed regulations. As in, fed starts June 1st, private boats have a longer season, yadda yadda. Fed licensed charter boats also do this for a living, yet we do not decimate snapper populations, the commercial boats do.

I love how you explode and blame a captain trying to make a living for your crummy fishing

·
Super Moderator
19,708 Posts
And this is so ignorant...
Fed licensed boats follow fed regulations. As in, fed starts June 1st, private boats have a longer season, yadda yadda. Fed licensed charter boats also do this for a living, yet we do not decimate snapper populations, the commercial boats do.

I love how you explode and blame a captain trying to make a living for your crummy fishing
So you're saying that charter boats should get more days than rec guys cause they do it for a living?

·
Doc Holiday
49 Posts
So you're saying that charter boats should get more days than rec guys cause they do it for a living?
No, but going off on them for having days is wrong. But, also, I'm pretty sure 69 is less than 78..... so it's not longer, just different waters. I'm a rec fisherman too, but attacking people for this is wrong. I believe the days should be equal, but complain to someone who can do something, not a guy trying to make a living without destroying the snapper population.

Reactions: 24ft fishmaster

·
Registered
391 Posts
Think

I have NOTHING against this capt personalty, BUT it was the charter capts that send their lobiest to push and get sector separation. It was THEIR money that paid for THEIR lobiest to push THEIR interest over ours. How can you denied these facts. The feds is our worse enemy, but do not tell me the charter guys are our friends. PLEASE!

·
Super Moderator
19,708 Posts
I have NOTHING against this capt personalty, BUT it was the charter capts that send their lobiest to push and get sector separation. It was THEIR money that paid for THEIR lobiest to push THEIR interest over ours. How can you denied these facts. The feds is our worse enemy, but do not tell me the charter guys are our friends. PLEASE!
Once again you're grouping them all together. Don't be so ignorant and actually do some research.

·
Registered
391 Posts
wrog

No you are wrong, they all belong and give money to the charter group that paid the lobbyist, they all fish the charter days. How do I seperate them? Show me one that is saying this is wrong and does not fish for sanpper in fed waters and I will agree that one is different.

·
Super Moderator
19,708 Posts
No you are wrong, they all belong and give money to the charter group that paid the lobbyist, they all fish the charter days. How do I seperate them? Show me one that is saying this is wrong and does not fish for sanpper in fed waters and I will agree that one is different.
Prove it. I'll wait.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts

Calm down, its a little red fish for gods sake. Your gonna have a coronary.... I have a "Captains License", and I run charters, does that make me a "Charter Guy/Capt."?.... I don't have reef permit, and I really don't care to catch your "Red Snapper" But, I will admit, they fill the gap waiting on something better to bite..... Oh, I never gave anyone money either.... whos you complaint with? the folks that made the rules, or the folks working within the rules? For the record, "I am a Charter Guy" and I want to be your friend. Can we be friends?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Calm down, its a little red fish for gods sake. Your gonna have a coronary.... I have a "Captains License", and I run charters, does that make me a "Charter Guy/Capt."?.... I don't have reef permit, and I really don't care to catch your "Red Snapper" But, I will admit, they fill the gap waiting on something better to bite..... Oh, I never gave anyone money either.... whos you complaint with? the folks that made the rules, or the folks working within the rules? For the record, "I am a Charter Guy" and I want to be your friend. Can we be friends?
Funny

1 - 20 of 22 Posts