Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hunt North Okaloosa County and found this scrape with all the fixins today. It appeared to have been worked recently by a doe (small track). I can usually count on the rut kicking in around the last weekend of January.

Does this mean I have a hot doe running around my property or just getting ready to kick off.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,630 Posts
Put ya a camera over it brother....

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Dig that sand up and put it in an airtight container and put in in another scrape.....My buddy did it and within fifteen minutes in the middle of the day a nice 8 pt came in...true story...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Set up a mock scrape or two near it, put cam on it, sit back and wait...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have never done a mock scrape. What do I need to do? Tinks or what?
Find yourself a small tree with an overhanging limb about chest/neck high. Break it off and put some tinks scrape starter on it. Find a stick and clear out about a dinner plate size area or maybe a little bigger under the licking branch. I usually make my scrapes small. Tinks sells droppers to hang over the scrape that only drips during the daytime. I prefer the wildlife research dropper over the tinks just bcause the tinks uses a LOT of fluid. Make about two to three scrapes and put them about 20 yards apart. I always try to find a spot that looks natural for a scrape to go. Such as on the edge of various terrain and timber features like the edge of a field, along an old logging road, or on the transition between different types of trees like pine plantation to hardwood bottom. My last mock scrape I put out I had deer checking it within an hour. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I moved my climber today onto a pine that when I get high enough I can see this scrape and trails leading to it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts