Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Anyone have experience with this Chinese made line? Specifically the 100+lb class line. At $45 for 1000 yards of 120lb test, I thought I'd give it a shot. Compared to $200 for 1200 yards of Jerry Brown...can it be that much worse? The ratings online don't seem bad. Amazon.com : Reaction Tackle Sea Blue 120LB 1000yd : Sports & Outdoors
i run it 20 50 80 and 100 i have tested it on scales it always brakes a little short of whats it rated but you if dont tie the correct knots it will break half to 1\4 of rating and most braids will the top braids out there will break sometimes well above the rating unless they are IGFA certified not sure of exact spec but it has to brake very close to what its rated at and if you dont know most mono knots will not work with braid

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i run it 20 50 80 and 100 i have tested it on scales it always brakes a little short of whats it rated but you if dont tie the correct knots it will break half to 1\4 of rating and most braids will the top braids out there will break sometimes well above the rating unless they are IGFA certified not sure of exact spec but it has to brake very close to what its rated at and if you dont know most mono knots will not work with braid
In many cases I'm using a bimini twist and wind-on for trolling and FG knot to flouro for swimbaits/jigs or palomar for knot to lure/swivel. Tied properly, I've yet to have one of these knots fail on any braid

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
In many cases I'm using a bimini twist and wind-on for trolling and FG knot to flouro for swimbaits/jigs or palomar for knot to lure/swivel. Tied properly, I've yet to have one of these knots fail on any braid
I began using the bimini twist as well. Then use the Australian knot to tie on the leader

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
i think the palomar is the best for braid to hook. the last thing i do is tie a knot in the tag end which gives me peace of mind.if it slips, there's one more knot. i don't know if it helps but i have always done that with the tag end on every knot i tie.
jack

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
On all braids, to attach to swivels, etc, I use the Trilene knot. Never had one slip or break. For braid to mono, I use a surgeons knot or a nail knot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts