Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran to east lump sat, 50 boats there , 4 tight on big YFT. We had two good chances, pulled hooks on both fish. Used 7/0 mustads and will not use them again to chunk for big tuna. I just dont think the gap on the hooks was big enough for the fish that were there. Came home with 3 mingos and a king mack

·
Premium Member
9,447 Posts
Ran to east lump sat, 50 boats there , 4 tight on big YFT. We had two good chances, pulled hooks on both fish. Used 7/0 mustads and will not use them again to chunk for big tuna. I just dont think the gap on the hooks was big enough for the fish that were there. Came home with 3 mingos and a king mack
Done it a few times and always used 7/0 demons. I’ve seen 150lb fish caught on 7/0 Demons.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Done it a few times and always used 7/0 demons. I’ve seen 150lb fish caught on 7/0 Demons.
This one was over 150lb and caught on 5/0 demon and 60lb fluro. Granted it wasnt at the lump and I had room to let her run.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've had bad experience with the mustads as well. Got to spend some money on hooks when it comes to bigger fish!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts