Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a trip to the oil rigs this week but have heard the water condition is poor. Has anyone been to the rigs in the last few days? If so, how was the water and fishing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Grouper season

I will be fishing outside of Florida waters - Nipple - while grouper season is closed. Am I ok to keep grouper before September 16 if they are caught outside of Florida waters?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
No, not if you plan on bringing them into Florida waters. How could you prove where they were caught?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Diesel, but I was hoping for something a little closer does anyone have any information on Ram Powell?

·
Registered
941 Posts
We focused our effort on Marlin and the rigs near it last weekend. Water was nasty, limited life, and no hint of TUNA. Not even BFT. Jigging produced World Class Hard Tails and Bonita. It was our first trip in 11 years that did not at least produce a few Tuna. We heard water was great way South, 120-140 miles but that the fishing was off. If it had been promising we would have gone for but elected to try the rigs and do a tons of release bottom fishing... I hoping for a big Bluewater push soon.......

·
Registered
372 Posts
I will be fishing outside of Florida waters - Nipple - while grouper season is closed. Am I ok to keep grouper before September 16 if they are caught outside of Florida waters?
Not only are Florida waters closed for gags, NMFS also closed Federal Gulf waters (9 miles to 200 miles) until Sept 15. :censored:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I went out trolling today, from the 131 hole to the edge and around. No signs of life at all. No hits nothing. Went to the yellow gravel and limited out on grouper, scamps, blacks and reds. Filled the box with grouper and snappers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts