Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
this past season i shot a doe at 45 yards with a rage 2 blade the shot was a little forward and hit the front shoulder i seen the arrow on impact and was slightly worried, but the doe buckled and pushed her self maby 20 yards and it was over full pass through on both front shoulders the blades were a little bent but probable functional, also shot a 225 lbs. hog at over 40 yards pass through and she went about 10 yards I definetly agree that it is the best broadhead on the market fixed or mechanical there is truly no comparison

·
Registered
903 Posts
I posted pictures of 3 bucks I killed un My Bow Kill Skull Mounts. All 3 were killed with Rage 2 blades with no problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I took 7 deer this year using archery gear and 6 of them were using the Rage-2. Every dear that I made contact with using a Rage-2 was a dear I recovered following a ample blood trail. I started the season using the G-5 montecs and went 1 for 2. Made the switch and I am 100% sold on the Rage-2. They trully fly like my field points. I did not always get complete penetration but some of the shots were taken at the 55 yard range. The last dear was a small buck that I shot at 15 yards and I could see blood pouring out the opposite side as it ran and dropped. It will take alot of convincing to get me to switch at this point.

I shoot a:

Bowtech General 70 lb, G-5 Expert II rest, HCA adjustable range sight,

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Seven deer last season Tippin Slow ?

My question is: Do you live in the woods ? Are you laid off and single ? or do you have a honey of a lease ?

7 deer, .....that is one heck of a bow season.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Patman (3/18/2009)Seven deer last season Tippin Slow ?
My question is: Do you live in the woods ? Are you laid off and single ? or do you have a honey of a lease ?
7 deer, .....that is one heck of a bow season.
No to all your questions. I admit I did have a good year.2 bucks and5 does no wall hangers.6 were taken during early archery and 1 during late. I also managed to takea decent forked horn using dogs during general gun. All were taken on Eglin which is close to my house.

p.s. did not hunt over bait or in any closed areas

·
Registered
771 Posts
There have been problem's with the 3 blade Rage from the start. The 2 blade Rage on the other hand is absolutely devastating. They may not pass thru everytime (no broadhead does) but the hole they put in an animal is brutal. Fly like a field tip, but they are a little proud of them!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just to let everyone know, I got a pic on my game camera of the deer that I shot at. I couldn't see if there was a mark or anything on him because he was facing the wrong way. I'm glad that he made it whether I hit him or not. I still say that I hit him because it was out in the middle of a field with nothing else for the arrow to hit.

I'm going to shoot my muzzys until I get rid of them and then maybe I'll try the 2 blade Rage.

Thanks for all of the responses.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also tried the rage 2 blade on advice from friends.They kept coming open in my quiver.When I finally got a shot it apparently opened in flight, missedaim point by 5 feet.Back to muzzy 4 blades 4 me.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts