Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They shoot low left, you better shoot them & the practice broadhead they sell u... $40.00 for 3 wow.... I have shot several today:yes:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Mine are dead on, unfortunately I had an almost robinhood yesterday and broke my practice head, I wish I could buy the practice head alone as I now need one.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
They shoot low left, you better shoot them & the practice broadhead they sell
Absolutely! I must get asked this a hundred times every season about mechanical heads. People don't realize this but even mechanicals need to be shot before the season too, just like fixed heads do. Don't just expect them to fly perfect just because they are advertised to do so. Many times they can and will impact different than your field tipped arrows. This goes for all mechanicals... not just the Rage heads.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a set of rage broad heads a few years back, and they flew like field points. The problem was I shot a doe with one and the head split and the blades twisted and bent back on the shaft. Alot of people like these broad heads, maybe my experience was an isolated thing, but i dont want to chance it. I went back to NAP's and they have always performed really well for me.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
officially started using the practice heads Sat. May be about 1" lower at 35 yds.... Im not consistent enough to be sure, They are the same weight but cant be as aerodynamic as a field tip.... My biggest problem will be nerves!!

·
Professional bad ass
527 Posts
I bought like ten practice heads on eBay a couple years ago for like 10 bucks so I could shoot them and not have to worry about the field tips. But for my personal experience they have been pretty.close to the field tips

1 - 20 of 21 Posts