Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go to the side of 3 mile bridge to go after some redfish. All was going smoothe, caught way too much bait so i gave most of it away, well I hear a commotion further down and after commanding my doberman and pitbull to stay in the car. my brother and I go see whats going on. An interracial couple was being harassed by four caucasian men and one lady. The guy was called N***er lover and a few other names. Well Im glad I did decide to investigate it looked as if blows were about to come into play. Upon seeing me and my brother, the both of us being larger men than most, they decided to bluff us with threats now that the couple weren't by themselves. Well me and my big brother,who is a monster of a man by any standard even compared to me step in between them and I whistle for my dogs.
Of course my boys have been expertly trained and know to come to my side and sit when i whistle. Well these ignorant people finally get the point and be quiet. After helping the couple get their things we walked them to the car.They said thats this is their last time ever coming to pensacola. I assured them that although we have a few idiots every now and then true Pensacolians are down to earth people that know that people are people no matter what the race. I asked them to follow us to bob sikes after they said no to fishing more at 3 mile. (By the way during the day i seen bull reds and a few sheepshead crushing crabs in the shallow water by the old 3 mile tackle shop. Go get them my friends!:thumbsup:) Well after treating them to some taco bell we get to bob sikes. Whiting are every biting every time we cast with an occasional trout or catfish. After 3 hours of fishing I landed a bluefish and caught and released a mighty mite of a redfish (whopping 5 inches:clap::lol:), . After thanking us we exchanged numbers and they plan to be back in march. Score two new 850 lovers.:thumbup:

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
Good on you and your brother for that one. Idiots are everywhere, too bad you guys had a run in with them on the bridge.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Good on you man. When I have fished three mile it seems that there are a lot of ignorant people there of all races and you are pretty close to everyone there. I hardly fish the three mile because Bob Sikes/fort Pickens is more laid back and more secluded.

·
Banned
464 Posts
Well done. This is 2013 and there really is no place for that crap any more.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Nice to hear there's some nice people out there. Be a minority I come across some pretty racist people while fishing sometimes

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,196 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Nice to hear there's some nice people out there. Be a minority I come across some pretty racist people while fishing sometimes
Being BIG makes a difference I'll bet, white or black.

I've been told that big guys who walk into a bar kinda look for the other big guy, kinda size each other up and not quite, but yes nod, but acknowledge each other sometimes.

Jim

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I really don't understand why piers and bridges get some of the trashy'est people.

Good on you for helping those folks!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Very awesome of you guys to step in. I'm glad nothing escalated, but at the same time, those pinks could've used a good ole fashion butt whooping

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I do have a question???

Is this or any behavior like this common on the 3mb? We send people down there from the shop all the time this time of year. A lot of tourists and visitors just looking to catch a few white trout and maybe have a chance at a redfish. It would be a shame for any of them to have an experience like the poor people in the above post!

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,984 Posts
I do have a question???

Is this or any behavior like this common on the 3mb? We send people down there from the shop all the time this time of year. A lot of tourists and visitors just looking to catch a few white trout and maybe have a chance at a redfish. It would be a shame for any of them to have an experience like the poor people in the above post!

It's called "liquid loudmouth". Works even faster in the heat of summer. :whistling:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Being BIG makes a difference I'll bet, white or black.

I've been told that big guys who walk into a bar kinda look for the other big guy, kinda size each other up and not quite, but yes nod, but acknowledge each other sometimes.

Jim
We do its so weird but now that I think about it it happens all the time.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do have a question???

No Matt its not common. Thats the first time its ever happened that I heard of.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Fishing is supposed to be relaxing and fun. Sucks a few dirtbags were trying to ruin it for folks. Usually just about everyone I see are decent people. Every once in a while there might be a few that are questionable but I mind my own damn business and so far so good. I'm a nurse so if I end up having to cut somebody it sucks because afterward I'll just have to patch their sorry ass back up. That's damn sure to much like work so I avoid that buzzkill if at all possible :laughing:
Way to go 850, hopefully they'll mind their own business next time and have a different attitude about people :thumbsup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
i grew up hearing my mother called a ****** lover, my daughter just married the a bald headed white guy that i would just about give my life for him. so at 59 years old this crap is still there. so a big thanks from me.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts