Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know a good way to get rid of raccoons around my deer feeder. i dont mind feeding the little bastards but instead of just eating they get up on the troughs and rake all the corn out onto the ground. it is really wasting alot of my corn cause as soon as it gets wet it goes bad. ive got 3 traps out right now but i tried trapping them before and theyre pretty smart. im gonna give it one more shot and if that doesnt work im out of options. anyone have any ideas?? know of any poison that only raccons will eat??

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I trap them and then..................they like peanut butter,also put programmable hanging feeder out so there is only so much on the ground....

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im gonna work on the trapping but if it takes killing them to get them out of there, i dont mind doin that either. i heard of some stuff called rodent rid but im worried about the deer eating it. so i think i might shove a couple pellets in a can of sardines and that should do the trick

·
Registered
328 Posts
LIVE TRAPS! I GET MINE FROM DUKE TRAPPING WEST POINT MS. BAIT WITH SEAFOOD CATFOOD. WE CATCH 100-150 PER YEAR OFF OUR CLUB. THE TRAPS WORK GREAT AND THE NICE THING ABOUT LIVE TRAPS IS YOU CAN RUN TRAPS ANYTIME INSTEAD OF AT DAYLIGHT AND THEY WILL BE THERE!

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
Spot light and a .22, this was leagal a year or two ago, I would check the laws first but I killed a many off a buddy's plot a couple years back this way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts