Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanna share there favoriterecipe for wild hare. I know there are many many out there. Fried, baked, smothered in gravy w/rice(my fav).

My 8 yrold and I, had rabbit tonight. I baked it on a bed of bacon and onions, for almost two hrs. Tender and molicious. MAN!

Anyway, I thought some of you guys might share your thoughts & recipes on the subject.

·
Registered
179 Posts
MY SON AND I HAVE WANTED TO HUNT RABBIT BUT CANT FIND ANY ON EGLIN. MY DAD USED TO MAKE JERKY OUT OF HIS WHEN IN NEW MEXICO. I WENT TO A WILD GAME COOKOUT IN PA. A MAN USED POTATO CHIPS CRUSHED USED AS BREADING.THE HOT CHIPS TASTED BEST. YOU CAN ALSO PLACE MEAT IN PLASTIC BAG WITH LAWRY'S SESONING AND BOIL THIS WORKS GREAT ON ALL MEATS I HAVE TRIED.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I quarter a couple of them and sear them in a cast iron skillet, then boil them down in the same skillet with bell peppers and onions and new potatoes, after you boil them down remove the rabbit and make a gravy out of the broth then put the rabbit back in and simmer for about 40 minutes... slap yo momma good....:usaflag

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
simpleman (12/5/2007)cook itin a crockpot untill the meet fall off then make barbecue.
crock pot with chicken noolde soup!!!!all day

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Those recipes sound great. Especially slap yo Mamma. If you have a place you can build a campfire, you might just quarter it and cook it on a fire for the experience.Might be kind of fun to "rough it" for dinner.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Flour with lots of black pepper and other spices like salt, garlic salt, celery salt, paprika, and some finely chopped green stuff (ask Lane).

Brown both sidein hot grease(preferably lard- never said it was healthy)in bottom of pressure cooker; reduce heat, add small amount of water, put lid on pressure cooker and cook like chicken for specified amount of time. Make brown milk gravy out of bottom, and serve with home made bisquits and apple butter.

Where is the fork and spoon when you want it?:hungry

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hossenpheffer................From Bugs Bunny. The King is always yelling, "Cook, Cook. Where's my Hossenpheffer?" and of course Ole Bugs is given the cook one heckuva hard time about tryin' to cook him up for the King. It's rabbit stew.
This is Yosemite Sam as the Royal Cook.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Collard (12/6/2007)Hossenpheffer................From Bugs Bunny. The King is always yelling, "Cook, Cook. Where's my Hossenpheffer?" and of course Ole Bugs is given the cook one heckuva hard time about tryin' to cook him up for the King. It's rabbit stew.
This is Yosemite Sam as the Royal Cook.
that sure bring back the good ol days thank for the smile:)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I know this is off the topic but......You know they've changed all the Bugs cartoons that air on CT network? I guess thay think they have to make them less violent and politically correct. really gripes my grapes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts