Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my morning class,I had about an hour of free time so I grabbed my 6lb. outfit and went wading. I went below DQ and started bouncing 5" soft plastic(dark brown with gold flake)on an 1/8 oz jighead. On the first 2 castsI got nothing, but then a nice pod up bait popped up on top of the water. I threw to the outside edge and BAM! a nice speck. Next cast, same thing. There was a school of specks shadowing the bait and when my jig dropped below the pod it was fish on every time.I fished less than 30 minutes and caught10 specks, including 7 in a row.I only kept one for lunch, but they all were legal ranging from 17-19" Tight lines everyone.

-Jason

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nice...don't you hate it when the fish are on like that, and you have limited time? Still it sure beats no fish at all on your break!!!!!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Not cool dude,

I sit right in front of you in biochem and wasted my free time in the library instead. Didn't know you could get down below DQ though. I thought the closest spot was the chimney.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Jason,

How do you get down there below the DQ? I've waded a few times down near the gay chimney but have always wanted to try where you are talking about. I didn't know you could get down there. Thanks!

CR

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Behind DQ right by the road is a little dirt road you can walk down..Then walk down the hill and your in da game

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
FishnGator (10/13/2009)Thanks for the info, so you park in that area just before the DQ where the semis park and the trail is right there?
No other side, by the drive through..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Jason,

Nice job, I'll have to give that a try myself sometime on the way home from school. I've put my kayak in at the Chimney before and been all the way to the big point that sticks off of Creighton (don't know the name). I've been meaning to paddle all that way, just haven't had the chance yet.

Alex

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yaksquatch (10/13/2009)Jason,

Nice job, I'll have to give that a try myself sometime on the way home from school. I've put my kayak in at the Chimney before and been all the way to the big point that sticks off of Creighton (don't know the name). I've been meaning to paddle all that way, just haven't had the chance yet.

Alex
The name of the point you wish for is called, "Lora Point".

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Tyler Windham (10/15/2009)
Yaksquatch (10/13/2009)Jason,

Alex

The name of the point you wish for is called, "Lora Point".

Tyler,

Thanks, appreciate the info.

Alex

·
Registered
548 Posts
i hit it up just south of the dq but north of the chimney. good spot. little slippery on the old bricks but it was fun. specks on every cast. saw a giant spanish blast 5' into the air towards the interstate bridge. i guess the south winds last week pushed some bait up there. now with this north wind, it might not be as productive. you never know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts