Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my recent trip to Buffalo county Wisconsin, where you are regularly passing up 240 lb deer, it's hard to get too excited about these...but take a gander

Not all shooters and most could probably (and most likely will) benefit from a full year of mineral supplements, protein, and food plots..but stoked to see some of the potential.

http://youtu.be/fH7fMxWqbUk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea...not for buffalo county for sure!
These are Florida deer...those buffalo county bucks were something else... seeing a 170" deer close to 300lbs at 65 yards was enough to make me go back next year... those deer looked like disney characters...their necks had necks...unreal

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nice looking deer. Sometimes I think I would rather have a Florida 120-130" deer on the wall versus a 170" deer from up north. To me it seems like it is harder to find that big of a deer her in Florida versus hunting up there. I know if I ever shoot on over a 100" here it will be mounted.

Reactions: gastonfish

·
Super Moderator
29,296 Posts
Like how ya put some extensions on the feeder legs...what did ya use? I have 2 of the same feeders at my place....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like how ya put some extensions on the feeder legs...what did ya use? I have 2 of the same feeders at my place....

Just used some 18", 2" wide pvc sections. Keeps it high enough that if hogs come by..they keep going. You may want them longer or shorter based on the hardness of the ground they are sitting on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts