Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and collected, had a fish dinner, then hit the water. Stopped at a bay snapper spot, but with dead current, I only stayed about 30 minutes with 2 small Juvenile to show for it headed over to 3MB, saw birds on the way, asked my son if rhey were working or looking, as we got closer, they were working, over some bait and thwre was something tearing bait up! I rolled in slow, pitched a twitch bait amd BAM. Rolled on it and made a run. Few minutes latter got a look at what may be the first Jack I have ever landed on the boat. Released, moved to them again, BAM. Did this 3 times, finally checked a few spots since its been a while, found lota of structure, but notjing was eating except 1 pinfish, lol

Finally my son got on on his setup he is proud of. He paid for it, so I am proud of him! Got it in, released. I hooked another and he cut me off of the only twitch bait I had, lol. Loaded up headed to the beach to eat. Water was pretty smooth headed over and dead slick headed back.

Found a lunch box at Mahogany Mill, I just checked it for ID amd left it there.

Great afternoon with the family!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congrats to Jason on his catches! Nicely done.

FYI, when handling fish with a gripper device it's recommended to hold and support the fish horizontally rather than vertically. The latter can cause internal damage and that's probably not your intent when releasing fish. Good to see you out enjoying the boat with your junior anglers! Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
We were not in tournaments but I remember as a kid my dad taking me fishing and it was always a grand occasion. Keep making those memories and show up your photos. I enjoyed.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
FYI, when handling fish with a gripper device it's recommended to hold and support the fish horizontally rather than vertically. The latter can cause internal damage and that's probably not your intent when releasing fish. Good to see you out enjoying the boat with your junior anglers! Thanks for the report.
come on, man. don't spoil a great family post and pics with shitty information about a trash fish.
jack

Reactions: jaster and Bodupp

·
Registered
353 Posts
come on, man. don't spoil a great family post and pics with shitty information about a trash fish.
jack
Every fish I ever caught said, "Brother I don't mind you snatching me into this boat by that hook through my lip, but please don't hurt me by holding me vertically!"

·
Registered
255 Posts
jack
Convenient editing on my quote. Jacks aren't a trash fish, Jack. And good habits carry over, especially when teaching learning anglers.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Good

Sent from my TECNO KC8 using Tapatalk
this is an excellent first post. the best i have seen in many years. no controversial statements about the handling of fish, no sarcastic comments about the size of the fish, no comments about the trash fish that they caught, no sir. just a simple, good. excellent first post. i need to do more of this. good.
jack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts