Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_lblFullMessage>I tried this in Fresh/Brackish with no luck on replies, so I'm reposting it here. I was curious about this winter around the riverfront in Milton. I know at night they have the lights on there, and I was wondering if there is a decent speck bite around there or the train trestle. I'd be fishing from a yak, and would use live shrimp, live finger mullet, and gulps. I'm just looking for a little input from those of you that have more experience in this regard. Thanks for the replies, gents. Tight lines.

-Jason </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I haven't tried right there but I have had a bunch of success down river a bit on the lights near the I10 bridge in the Winter. Lots of Specks, Hybrids, and Redfish.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Never really tried that far up myself for specks,like ocean man said though,around the mouths and I10 the bite is on pretty good.I would give it a try,we caught reds all up around seminole in perdido river this weekend.

·
Registered
29 Posts
try all the gulp shrimp lures i know they look weird but they work trust me. i was fishin those a couple weekends ago and tore up the speck and the odd thing was i had a live shrimp right next to it and they werent even lookin at it. i guess its true about outfishing live bait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts