Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is taking me and my brothers out there and I was wondering what is the most effective lures to use out there,do we have to wade out to catch fish,is there bait out there to catch in a cast net,and what is the best time to fish out there. Any help will beappreciated THANK YOU

·
Your mom's a
6,788 Posts
Top water lures early early in the a.m. in knee to waist deep water. Live shrimp, pinfish or croaker under a cork after 7:30 a.m. about chest deep or better.

There are some pinfish out there but hard to cast net when you're in chest deep water where the big ones live.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Dang Joe, I was waiting for the next depth and lure selection while treading...lol

Good info....

Jimmy

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,523 Posts
Wading is definitely better. Weedless goldspoons, jerk shad on an 1/8 ounces jighead, or a popping cork with a Gulp new penny shrimp (or live shrimp)two feet belowon a bare hook and pop it hard every 10 seconds. Wear old sneakers or flats boots just for saftey sake. If you are over grass I'd go weedless set upson the jerk shad and gulp. It's hard to stay above the grass if you are wading, so weedless set ups work better in the grass flats.

Good luck and post a report with pics!!!

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts