Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a place where I could find out what the dealer paid for the hull and engines like I can with buying a new car? All dealers pay the manufactures the same price for the hull, options and engine. I'm looking at buying a new Cape Horn 24 but I don’t know if the asking price is highly inflated. Do dealers negotiate or is it "this is the price"?

Kelley

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer is Sunshine Marine about 1 mile west of Hurlburt Field on Hwy 98. They have a ton of boats of all makes and maybe 7 Cape Horns. The options for the 24'OS is the aluminum leaning post with the tackle center, blue colored hull, and powder coated hard top. Power will be two 200HP Yamaha’s.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More info

Cape Horn said that they would give me their quoat on the 24' but not the info on what the dealer paid. With their quoat I'm in the same situation as with the dealer. I would not know anything about how much the boat has been marked up. I want the maker/dealer to get a fair profit but not get ripped off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.