Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being of the "softer" gender :)001_huh:), there aren't many options for fishing wear in the women's departments of any stores. I've found a couple of women's Magellan shirts in academy, but still find myself forced back into the men's departments for quickdry pants and long sleeved vented or UV shirts. I know bealls outlet, academy, etc has deals on the men's pants, shirts, hats, etc, but does anyone know somewhere to buy women's angling apparel? Online isn't an option, when I buy something, I need to know it fits before payment. So...Ideas?

Manda
Team Tandem Terror

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bass Pro has womens fishing clothing. I've seen it mixed in with the mens on their website. My wife just bought a couple of shirts at the Spanish Fort store last week.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Check out AnglerUp gear on the forum. Hes got a pretty goo line going, and will be getting gear for women. Do a search on the forum and get in touch with Brant Peacher. Also, proceeds go to a great cause. O*D*W

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I just don't like being mistaken for a dude or wearing pink all the time..lol..trying to think outside the box.
Manda

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Usaf, that's an awesome idea! Haven't thought if running clothes, and I do like my neons for the yak! Keep jerk off boats from trying to run us over..
Manda

·
Registered
528 Posts
Maybe this can help as well

You mentioned UV protection as well. If you don't have it in your fabric, they make a product that can be applied to clothing to yield a SPF30 rating. I understand it lasts for several months and is fairly nominal. Here is the link:

https://sunguardsunprotection.com/?ccUser=

You can find it on line being retailed by others, but the site actually has it for the cheapest amount.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
All of the places mentioned are good places to look.

Try Sam's in Orange Beach, they have some nice things, especially AFTCO shorts (women's sizes) and Columbia shirts. I have gotten a lot of my fishing stuff there. J & M is not far from Sam's and also has a pretty big selection, especially columbia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts