Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got another sale flyer in the mail. Can you tell me how to figure out the dates that the sale prices are good for? All I see on this one is "SALE ENDS IN 14 DAYS" but I can't figure out what date the sale starts. I call myself searching the whole flyer but just don't see it. I'm probably just over looking it so could use the help.

The last flyer I got I couldn't find any begin/end date on it either and when I made it over the Mike's the lady at the register told me it was over and that the begin/end dates were marked on it.

Is it just me? Do I need to get some special decoder glasses?:)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Just do like me and don't shop there. The 2 times i had gone in there they were soooooo rude to me they can kiss my butt. I'll NEVER step foot in there again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Toma,
I can't help you de-code the date question on the sale, maybe 2 weeks from when it was mailed out? But, it has been my experience with all my purchases at Mike's in Jay, (and its a looonnng list) that he will honor the sale price if it's an in- stock item. Mike, Shane, & Scott in Jay will help you out any way they can, don't be afraid to ask..

HL1

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have suggested it a hundred times to put an actual beginning and end date on the flyers but to no avail. It would certainly make things a hell of a lot simpler and no confusion as to when the prices are good. I wish I could give you an answer but there isn't one.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
It plainly says Sale ends in 14 days. It is the from when is the real question.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
If you are ever up towards Jay hit up Scott's. It's night and day. Great service and very friendly. Never would guess its owned by the same person.

Thats cause theys some sho nough down home Cuntry foks up er.

·
Banned
260 Posts
I went to Mike's today to buy some of the $29.99 climbing sticks and they had none, but they had $50 Sniper sticks as they have always done by me they sold them to me $1.00 over cost $34. I have bought alot from them over the years, and they have always done me right.

They even asked me how many sticks I wanted, that I could buy all I wanted at the price

·
Super Moderator
29,692 Posts
Just do like me and don't shop there. The 2 times i had gone in there they were soooooo rude to me they can kiss my butt. I'll NEVER step foot in there again.
Scott, like others have said....You need to try Scott's in Jay! Great folks up there and a great selection.....I've never really had a "bad" experience at Mike's but I know what you mean about some of the folks there... I've had weapons shipped from Mikes to Scott's primarily cause it's closer and I like the folks up in Jay better....

Fer those who don't know it yet, Scott's in Jay has a new tree-stand display area in the back of the store (sorta behind the appliances/gun safes). It's purty nice display and selection......:thumbsup: I'll snap some pics next week and do a post on it.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am fairly new to the forum, so this may have been discussed already, but here goes: as much negative feedback as Mike's gets about how the employees treat customers, why are they still there? The folks on this board seem to be the target audience for a store like that. Why wouldn't the owner want to correct the situation? I guess I don't know the whole story about bad service at Mike's.

·
Super Moderator
29,692 Posts
I am fairly new to the forum, so this may have been discussed already, but here goes: as much negative feedback as Mike's gets about how the employees treat customers, why are they still there? The folks on this board seem to be the target audience for a store like that. Why wouldn't the owner want to correct the situation? I guess I don't know the whole story about bad service at Mike's.
Just mention another local store that spans 2 counties and you'll make this a 6-7 pager!!!!:shifty::thumbsup:

·
Registered
578 Posts
I personally like mikes. I have never had any problems with service there. Everyone has their own encounters with different stores. I for one can't catch a break at outcast. Many love that place, but as for me, I try to avoid doing business there.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Alot of times when u go in Mike's on 29 they are quite busy an there is only so many employees to go around you have to be patient an know what u came for alot of times there are people in there who just want to hold every Damn gun they got an ask a bunch of questions I'm sure it gets frustration but when I go I am not in a rush an know what I want an don't have a problem I normally deal with Pat myself but Kerry will take care of you as well, just bough a stand an a scope yesterday as a matter of fact!

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I have to second the opinion of going to Scott's in Jay. Great group of folks and I think the difference is location. One is in the more populated area where they probably deal with a lot more crap and one is in the country where everyone knows you or will after your first visit.

Scott (litecatch) it is worth your drive to get true customer service that they provide at the Jay location.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,577 Posts
I usually go to Scott's myself because it's a little closer to my house and on the way to the camp or inlaws. As far as Mikes I have never had an issue with anyone there in recent years. Kerry and Pat are always helpful and go out of their way to help or order whatever it is I may want and they don't have. As far as other shops in the area I have never gotten near the attention or help. I see all the positive post about some of them and I'm always asking "really?". I won't say it's bad it's just not what I normally get at either Mikes or Scotts. To each his own I guess. Mikes and Scotts get all my biz and will continue to.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.