Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or anyone that knows.What are you guys using to remove the water from the line when your spraying paint.Im catching hell with water droplets on this 1 project.I have put 2 dif filters and seperators on the the compressor and its still spraying water with paint.Very frustrating.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Describe your setup?

With this high humidity we have and a compressor running it's guts out in this heat. It's pretty hard to do.

IF......you just have a filter attached to a compressor and a air hose hooked to that?

--------------------------------------

I have a elaborate system in my shop.

Let me see if I can describe what it looks like, so you can understand.

There is a flex hose coming out of the compressor to the hard plumbing. This is to counteract the vibration of the compressor.

It then goes to the wall and the hard plumbing at aprox 3ft off the floor.

Traveling aprox 5ft in a horizontal run it has a T. At that T, it drops 2 feet to a ball valve and also goes up 8ft where it turns 90deg.

That 2ft drop and ball valve is a trap and drain.

At the 90 it continues to several drops, but where a drop is, it has a T turned up. It has a rise of aprox 2in at each T with a 90 on that. Then a 1in piece and another 90 to make the drop down the wall. As it goes down the wall to a T with a plug in quick coupler for a air hose at aprox 4ft off the floor. It continues from that T down the wall to another ball valve.

It does that at each drop and then at the end of the run it just turns 90 and goes down the wall vertically with a ball valve on the end of the drop.

I hope this makes sense? Air will go up and around those 90's, but water will continue down the line to the end of the run and be drained mostly at the end of the run, but can also be drained at each drop.

I also have a auto electric drain on the bottom of my tank. It cost's about $100. It works off of 110V and automatically opens to drain the tank for 3sec. every 20min.

Good luck trying to get the water out of a system that is portable. I can only recommend that you have the bleeder open on the bottom of the tank to piss all the time and put a large fan blowing on the compressor to help cool it more.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bobby.I didnt have time for that setup but i moved the filter system away from the compressor using a hose and it seemed to completely remove the water.Before i had the filters coming right off the compressor and they was getting really hot.I think thats where the condensation was building up.Ill put together a more elaborate system this week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts