Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading the new fishing tournaments magazine in the back it has some of the size and bag limits on fish i noticed that in florida it says trigger fish are 14in total length did something change. i checked the fwc site it still says to the fork. anyone know if it was changed??

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
It is indeed 14" to the fork.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Can anyone confirm how many you can keep per person per day? I checked the reg book and there is nothing listed for limit. I called Outcast on Saturday from the gulf and they said it was 2/person/day. I thought it was 10.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
capt'n slim (25/05/2010)i was reading the new fishing tournaments magazine in the back it has some of the size and bag limits on fish i noticed that in florida it says trigger fish are 14in total length did something change. i checked the fwc site it still says to the fork. anyone know if it was changed??
In State waters it's overall in Federal Waters it's to the fork. State has no bag limit but Fed they are included in the 20 reef fish aggregate

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The LaJess II (25/05/2010)
capt'n slim (25/05/2010)i was reading the new fishing tournaments magazine in the back it has some of the size and bag limits on fish i noticed that in florida it says trigger fish are 14in total length did something change. i checked the fwc site it still says to the fork. anyone know if it was changed??
In State waters it's overall in Federal Waters it's to the fork. State has no bag limit but Fed they are included in the 20 reef fish aggregate
then that means we threw back alot of legal triggers this weekend. that sucks big time. guess i should have educated myself before we left the dock.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Wait a minute. I just checked the FWC website:

Triggerfish (Gray) ? ? 12" fork Atlantic; 14" fork Gulf Triggerfish except Gray and Ocean have live landing & live well requirements.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
You are correct it is to the fork.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I do stand corrected. It is to the fork in the state waters. I went into the FWC to double check before posting to make sure and some how I got what was previous posted overall in length for state waters. Just went back into FWC and now I see the it's to the fork. But the FWC I was looking at still showed no limit for State. Is anyone else seeing different on this.

I always follow the Federal regulations anyway to try to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Rammer Jammer (25/05/2010)Can anyone confirm how many you can keep per person per day? I checked the reg book and there is nothing listed for limit. I called Outcast on Saturday from the gulf and they said it was 2/person/day. I thought it was 10.
Can anyone verify this; what are the bag limits for State and Fed? The FWC reg sheet doesn't list anything............................

LaJess - did you read somewhere that there was no limit for State waters?

·
Banned
257 Posts
Rammer,I love it, a new high (low) has been reached. For years we have said that the regs were so complicated that you needed a lawyer in attendance during fishing trips. The regs have now regressed to the point that a lawyer needs help with the regs.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts