Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I originally posted in the kayak forum but didn't get any replies. I am heading out Sunday afternoon for an all night surf trip but planned on taking the kayak offshore from the beach. Just looking for some tips on trolling in the afternoon, before I settle in for the night, while people are still at the beach. I plan to troll some lures and maybe pickup some cigcicles to troll also. Would appreciate any tips to help improve my chances at catching. I'm going to stay within a mile of the shore. Also, I'll be fishing off of Navarre.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Go for the frozen cigar with a trolling skirt. Lures are alright, but they can be tricky to pull correctly in a kayak and cigsicles are usually better.

I would go in the morning if possible. The morning bite for nearshore trolling is almost always better than late afternoon. 100 yards past the second sandbar is as far as you need to go. Kings will patrol the dropoff around that area.

If you're trolling further out over open water, its more of a luck thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that's what I wanted to hear. I figured as much, just wanted a little reassurance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts