Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's illegal to walk-out on resedential docks without the owner's consent or permission, but is it legal to wade into the adjacent waters and cast toward the docks?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i'm just confused on where private property starts and stops in water. If the property is seperated from the water by a seawall, is it legal to walk that shoreline all the waydown and simply go under other docks to get to the dock i want to fish?

·
Registered
993 Posts
The high water line (hightide).I have a 22ft.bay boat but no trolling motor.I usually motor to a spot and drop anchor,get out and wade my redfish spots.I have found this to be very productive and no worries about trespassing on private property.

·
Registered
610 Posts
He is correct, in most cases "except for canals in south florida", it is public property up to the natural high tide water line. Basically where ever you can tell the high has been at its highest. So in low tide situations you may even stand on the shore.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yep, the high water line is where private property ends. Youcan walk any beach or water as long as you are below the high water mark. I recently had a problemwhen using a cleared, vacant property to access the beach where I would wade out. I only had to walk about 50 feet from the road to the water, but the owner eventually saw me and called the cops. They told me I was allowed to be where I was, but since I had to use private property to access that spot, I had to leave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts