Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 30 hp evenrude that i want to change the water pump. I have changed them on older models. But this one dosen't have the side access plate that you go through to unhook the shifting linkage. So my question is where do you unhook it? Thanks for any help.. Devin

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Sandys Toy (10/16/2007)I have a 1990 30 hp evenrude that i want to change the water pump. I have changed them on older models. But this one dosen't have the side access plate that you go through to unhook the shifting linkage. So my question is where do you unhook it? Thanks for any help.. Devin
Don't know if this applies to yours, but there was this same question about a month ago. Look up under the cowling towards the aft of the engine. There should be a rod coming up from the foot if the same set-up.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The shift shaft comes up under the carbs in the front of the motor. On the older ones there should be a screw/pin from the left side. Remove this and the lower unit will drop down. Do not turn the shaft and make sure the bend is facing forward when yo go to install the L/U.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
sosmarine (10/16/2007)The shift shaft comes up under the carbs in the front of the motor. On the older ones there should be a screw/pin from the left side. Remove this and the lower unit will drop down. Do not turn the shaft and make sure the bend is facing forward when yo go to install the L/U.
Now that you mention under the carbs....that's what was said before. Close but no banana.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts