Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Constitution Conservative
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to build this one as a HB Target Rifle, nut life struck again and now it's just another general purpose fun gun.

I did however want to hunt a bit with it, hogs and maybe deer, and wanted to be able to stabilize 74gr bullets without losing anything with the standard 55gr, so I'm putting a 1:8 barrel in this one.

PSA AR-15. Complete Blemished Lower, Magpul MOE

Machined from Aluminum Forgings 7075-T6
Hardcoat Anodizing: MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
Milspec Diameter Receiver Extension
Magpul MOE Stock
Magpul MOE Polymer Trigger Guard
Magpul MOE Pistol Grip
Staked M4 Lock Nut
Standard Carbine buffer
Un-notched Hammer compatible with 9mm use
Caliber: Multi

PSA 16" Complete Upper, Mid-Lenth 5.56 1:8 Stainless Steel with BCG and Charging Handle.

Barrel:
416 Stainless steel. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/8 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a mid-length gas system. A2-style profile barrel is finished off with a standard handguard, F-Marked gas sight base, and A2 flash hider.

Upper:
Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is machined to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer.

Bolt:
Full-auto profile bolt carrier group. Milspec Carpenter No. 158® steel bolt, Shot Peened, High pressure tested, Mag particle inspected, Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications, Fastened with Grade 8 screws, and Staked Per Mil-Spec. 8620 steel M-16 profile carrier is chrome lined and phosphate coated.

Went down to my local range/FFL today and picked up the Lower.
It was sold as a blemished, but danged if I can find the blemish, unless maybe it is some hard to notice tool chatter marks in the trigger assembly well.
Whatever, aesthetically it looks freaking great in every aspect.

I brought my S&W M&P15 and mated it's Upper on it to check function.
Ran a 30rd mag over it, consistent solid hits on steel human silhouettes from 200-400 yards, it ran smoothly, no hiccups.
I'm very pleased with that, and look forward to getting the Upper which is due to deliver on Tuesday.

More pics to come.

Reactions: Splittine

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Have you looked at the .223 Wylde set up ? I just built this one. Mine was a blemish PSA lower as well can't find a thing wrong with it. I have been really pleased with PSA they make great components.

Attachments

·
Constitution Conservative
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Upper arrived Tuesday but I've been too busy to do anything.
Today I got off work a little early and took the chance to hit the range real quick and do a 25 yard sight-in before having to run and pick up the family for dinner.
Still need to sight-in properly, but I'll need more than 30 minutes range time.

25 yard Initial Sight-In

A couple quick sight adjustments.

25 yard unsupported fast mag dump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts