Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Putting the lady on her first tarpon-w/ a "make you jealous" video:) *fixed*

Hey guys so the lady and I left the cold weather to visit the family in the island and get on some shore tarpon! Working on my video skills so I hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looks like some people fishing to me...drink too much coffee this morning or you not like looking at pretty girls fishing?
Lol I wish you could have seen her (Jenna) I told her my main goal was hooking up with tarpon down there. she had NOOO interest in catching a 'big' fish what so ever...as she thought she'd be content with the small guys. Well....after she saw me land the first tarpon she, nothing short of, stiff armed me and stole my rod. Another 20 minutes went by and she was on. She made 4 jump before she got a good hook set on one. I asked if she wanted me to set the hook and then she could fight it...but she'd have non of that nonsense. So she landed one all on her own.

she made it look natural haha

·
26' blue sea hunt
494 Posts
cool video. i still have to get my wife on a tarpon. She will be an addict when i do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool video. i still have to get my wife on a tarpon. She will be an addict when i do.
Thanks man! Lol yea it's almost strategic. Get them to get hooked and then they're a lot cooler with us bringing our rods on vacation!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
that was good and thanks for sharing...my friend Mike (Mdrobe2 on here) and his newlywed wife Angela honeymooned down there and he fished that same spot...kinda cool to see that again...I'll let him know about this...he'll get a kick out of it...

·
26' blue sea hunt
494 Posts
where is that spot at. what island.

i am lucky in the lady category. my wife loves fishing so much she is usually pushing me outta bed to get up and go. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that was good and thanks for sharing...my friend Mike (Mdrobe2 on here) and his newlywed wife Angela honeymooned down there and he fished that same spot...kinda cool to see that again...I'll let him know about this...he'll get a kick out of it...
That is cool!! Did he hook up? Thats a great spot b/c the guys at the fish market throw the scraps in the water and the tarpon sit there all day waiting! Like shooting fishing a....well maybe not that easy lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where is that spot at. what island.

i am lucky in the lady category. my wife loves fishing so much she is usually pushing me outta bed to get up and go. lol
That's awesome. Mine likes fly fishing but I'm hard pressed to get her out in waders.

That spot is right downtown Georgetown. One block north of the cruise ship docks. You'll see all of the tents for the guys at the fish market. That spot is great. Also right behind the lobster pot restaurant. Both are on the main west bay road.

Bonefish are off the docks of south sound. If you fish off the dock there long enough a local will invite you to go out with them for free. Which beats the prices of the charters.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Good shot at free advertisement. I hope Mods bust your a$$ on it.
I fished that spot last summer with my wife, and I don't see why the mods would bust him for it. That's why I don't post much any more on PFF. Dude puts up a fishing video and gets flamed.

That spot is in a public area in Grand Cayman and anyone could hook a tarpon there. I fished it twice after billfishing and had more hook ups than I could count. I lost a lot of fish due to using 10 pound mono and the poons there can be quite large. I saw quite a few that I had no interest in hooking whatsoever- too big. Thanks for the post Woz. I'm sorry you got flamed. Everybody that has been to GC knows poons are alll over that beach from The Wharf to Lobster Pot to the fish market. My wife and I ate at The Wharf and the damn poons were splashing our table while they fed. Great post and great spot, and WORLD CLASS snorkeling!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I fished that spot last summer with my wife, and I don't see why the mods would bust him for it. That's why I don't post much any more on PFF. Dude puts up a fishing video and gets flamed.

That spot is in a public area in Grand Cayman and anyone could hook a tarpon there. I fished it twice after billfishing and had more hook ups than I could count. I lost a lot of fish due to using 10 pound mono and the poons there can be quite large. I saw quite a few that I had no interest in hooking whatsoever- too big. Thanks for the post Woz. I'm sorry you got flamed. Everybody that has been to GC knows poons are alll over that beach from The Wharf to Lobster Pot to the fish market. My wife and I ate at The Wharf and the damn poons were splashing our table while they fed. Great post and great spot, and WORLD CLASS snorkeling!
The warf is awesome! Next time I go I'm definately going to wet a line from the beach over there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got a few expos coming up to showcase the grips but after that it looks like I'll be headed back in a couple weeks with some other anglers and some better cameras to make a new video! I'll keep ya'll posted! Hopefully we hook into some monsters!

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Looks like a nice couple enjoying fishing and showing what can be done with that grip. Enjoyed the catch and release. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts