Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure I have two pair and the females are there most of the day so I’m guessing they’re sitting on eggs? This afternoon right at dark they are all in the house and two fly off and don’t return. Wondering if the males don’t spend the night?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine come back about sunset and stay. Maybe yours are getting kitchen passes!

I had a baby fall out today. About ten adults were all swooping around it.
A female landed near it and when I saw where the female perched I got the ladder and put the baby on that perch. It crawled back in so hope it works out.

I tried that with some sparrows I found when I was about four years old.
Took them to the chicken coop thinking they would take care of them. They ate them. Changed my outlook on life.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I don’t have any, can’t keep the dang sparrows out.
If the holes are half circles instead of completely round, it tends to deter other birds from nesting in the house. It doesn’t matter to the Martins.

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a large population of owls that I expect will raid the house and ruin everything - may already have

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
If the holes are half circles instead of completely round, it tends to deter other birds from nesting in the house. It doesn’t matter to the Martins.
They are, it is a Martin house, loaded up with sparrows, already pulled the nests out once, loaded up again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts