Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While every one is running across the gulf for their snapper I'm getting my clients on these at the 3 barges, Tex and freighter. LoL

Believe it or not, the 3 barges was LOADED with big sows yesterday!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,781 Posts
Surely you're yanking our chain. I dove the barges on Thursday and it had hundreds and hundreds of 4-6" snapper but not a single sow. Then again...maybe I was on the wrong one.

·
Super Moderator
28,379 Posts
Nice going....

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
Surely you're yanking our chain. I dove the barges on Thursday and it had hundreds and hundreds of 4-6" snapper but not a single sow. Then again...maybe I was on the wrong one.
I can't believe you would ever think another fisherman would tell fish stories!
:no::whistling:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would like to formally apologize to the Three Barges Wreck for saying that it never holds keeper snapper.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't believe you would ever think another fisherman would tell fish stories!
:no::whistling:
No joke, I'm being 100% honest. I won t fish these areas when its crowded but i absolutely will when its not. The fish are there but they are super skittish.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Last year I fished some private spots with 3 buddies. After a long day we needed 4 fish to complete our limit...on the way home we saw about 15 or so boats on 3 barges and we had plenty of bait left over so we decided to give it a shot...while we were getting ready I saw one or 2 small snapper get caught but mostly people just sitting around sucking their thumbs...we proceded to catch 2 studs within the first 2 minutes on the spot and broke off a third...tired and close enough to our limit we called it a day. Not even on the spot for 5 minutes. I also caught my personal best AJ freelining a hardtail on 3 barges early in the day...I guess we were just holding our tongues right! :whistling:

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
When you first pull up on a spot use 100 or 130 mono and let it sit for awhile. If you're losing fishing its because they're swallowing the hook and not getting hooked in the corner of the mouth like circle hooks are intended to do. I'm catching 20lb fish regularly in state waters but there's a particular way to do it. 18 lb fish yesterday, 15 fish today. Gotta use some stout hooks too, had many break.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts