Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first kayak, and I have some questions about some factory screws that are already on the kayak. If any of you have this kayak or just know what they can be used for please chime in. I am attaching pictures with red circles around the screws in question. They are all on the left side if you are sitting in the kayak. I hope to have it all ready to take out for fishing after this weekend, and I will post pics when I do. I can't wait to get it wet.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Wow, didn't know they made a Prowler II. Nice looking boat!

I have a pair of the Original Prowler 13's. They both had 4 black plastic screws filling the holes where the factory rudder kit bolts on. I cant think of anything that might be an option o=to bolt on one side only. Maybe parts for an anchor trolley system?

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I'm guessing Anchor Trolley. One pair for forward attachment, one pair for clam cleat, and one pair for rear attachment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the OK site for the Prowler Big Game II: "... Central to the Big Game II are six strategically placed mounting brackets that allow the user to outfit the boat based on their personal specifications without having to drill into the hull."
I think they are talking about the black plastic plates that are in one of the photos. There are 6 of them that can be mounted on and replaced for a different setup if you want to change later.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a question about the paddle keeper on my new yak. I cannot clip the paddle in without the paddle shaft hitting one of the black accessory plates. Is this a design flaw or am I doing something wrong? I am attaching a picture from online so you can see where the accessory plate is in relation to the paddle keeper. This is not my yak, but I have the same one.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts