Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew Jake killed this deer Friday afternoon in Monroe co. He seen a total of 30 deer 12 racked bucks all chasing and rutting like crazy but none of them fit the bill to be a shooter.The farm is a working cattle ranch and has not been huntedvery much if at all in about 10 years .The buck rule on this place is if you have to think about it hes not big enough! When this big boy stepped out it was no dout. The buck chased a few does around and finally stopped quartering to him just a little. Scared the deer would chase a doe out of the field he took the shot. He ran off the field three legged looking pretty sick. Climbed out of the stand found blood and some bone for about 50 yards and the blood petered out.Not sure ofhow good the shot was he backed out till morning. Sleepless night,woke up waited for the frost to melt. 20 yards from the last blooddead buck!

Im so proud of Jake for letting this deer lay over night. Ive always told him when in dout back out.I dont know if i could of practiced what i preached to him on this buck!The shot took out the bottom of one lung and the liver. He has a 17" spread and wieghed 225lbs

·
Super Moderator
28,504 Posts
CONGRATS to your nephew!!! Nice buck!:letsdrink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts