Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an e-mail from FWC about changes. The only thing that got my attention is Eglin going from a 3 point on one side or a 10 inch beam to a 4 point on one side or a 14 inch beam. Sure hope they don't change all MA to this.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I saw one of the proposals for BW was to allow "any" dog to be used for the small game season. This sounds like Pandora's box for anybody(sub in "antis") that wanted to harass archery hunters to bring any type dog that may only hunt biscuits to wander around identifying as small game hunters. IDK, maybe I'm a lil' skeptical:whistling::whistling:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eglin has managed bucks for years now, but 4 point on one side will definitely lower the number of bucks killed.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Pretty sure Eglin was only going to the 4 point 14 inch main beam for a few select areas. Areas that had 3 point rule for years before FWC went to it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The proposed changes are for Briar Creek and Jackson. I haven't hunted on Eglin for years. Aren't these 2 areas the most popular for still hunters?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
The proposed changes are for Briar Creek and Jackson. I haven't hunted on Eglin for years. Aren't these 2 areas the most popular for still hunters?
They already have solid deer in those areas. Not gonna hurt a thing going to 4 point. They will be killing some giants in a couple years

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts