Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Empty Fishbox
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday while testing boat for spring, I was in the Blackwater river and was nearly back to Carpenters Park to trailer the boat. I was running full throttle when all of a sudden the motor revved wide open. The first thing I did was look at the Depth finder to see if I may have run aground, but I was in 10 ft of water. I throttled back and gave it the gas again and it revved again. I idled down and was able to get to the dock with no problem. When the boat was on the trailer, I put it in gear and tried to turn it and was able to turn the motor over with the prop.

Have I spun a prop or could there be something else wrong? There is no unusual noise from the gear box. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,300 Posts
There is no way you could turn the motor over with the prop. You have spun the hub in the prop. take the prop to any propshop and have the propeller re hubbed.

·
Empty Fishbox
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I took my prop to accu prop on Pace Blvd and they re-hubbed it in 90 min with new paint and a computer check for accuracy. Great guys, very informative and I feel fairly priced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts