Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna redo the floor, add a rear deck, extend the front deck about 18 inches and repaint the whole thing...supposedily the motor ran the last time it was used 2-3 years ago. Its just been sitting for awhile, but even if it doesn't run its no big deal considering what i paid for the setup. It should be a trout killing machine when i'm done

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
In case you don't already know, you should c/o http://www.microskiff.com there are a LOT of good ideas on how to rig a small skiff like this. There are some SERIOUS mods done to little skiffs like yours that are really top notch!

Take some pictures along the way too and keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
I thought you did'nt know how to fish josh?? O well, boat looks decent... Nissian 25, thing should fly if the motor runs.. Make sure you check the foot oil..ahah

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
60hertz...thanks for the heads up on micro skiff. I just glanced around real quick and i can already tell i'll be spending a lot of time on there

Bill...who said I knew how to fish? you know how long i've been looking for just the right project, finally found it. I'm gonna concentrate on the boat for now, but when it comes time for the motor I'm gonna clean the carbs, replace the water pump, and replace the gear oil before I ever fire her up

Thanks zane

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
What a piece of sh#t! Is that an old Randallcraft? Good luck buddy,your gonna need it. Look forward to seein it in action one day.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bonita dan (10/5/2009)What a piece of sh#t! Is that an old Randallcraft? Good luck buddy,your gonna need it. Look forward to seein it in action one day.

I imagine it floats and runs about as well as yours does danno. If you ever need a tow give me a shout, the boat in the background is always ready to help you get back in :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice little setup there. You get a great sense of accomplishment by fixing up something like that yourself. The possibilities are limited only by your wallet. You gonna do anything custom like a poling platform on the back?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HaterAide (10/5/2009)Nice little setup there. You get a great sense of accomplishment by fixing up something like that yourself. The possibilities are limited only by your wallet. You gonna do anything custom like a poling platform on the back?

I'm gonna get the layout the way I want it first...and then check to see how it sits in the water. If its pretty stable and has plenty of freeboard I'll toss a poling platform on the back

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
looks like a 13.5 randell craft. my wifes uncle loaned his to us when we lived in Jax to fish the creeks. it had a 35 johnson on it and with me the wife and beer and ice it would do 32 mph on gps. fun but a little scary for the wife

·
Super Moderator
27,951 Posts
Cool little ride Josh!!! Love projects:letsdrink

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
this is the shitkicker we're gonna be flounder gigging out of!?!?!?! :poke

SWEET!, that little boat is badass josh!

hollar when you wanna start working on it... not like i have anything better to do.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
If its pretty stable and has plenty of freeboard I'll toss a poling platform on the back

I suggest that you put that Idea out of your head.

It is similar to a Walker my brother had. It has LOW freeboard and would NOT be stable with raising the center of gravity. :IE A poling platform.

Still...It will make a nice little puddle jumper. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts