Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody had a problem with any BARs? Is it possible to sight in an automatic and have it shoot a 2 inch three shot group at 100 yds ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have had a Browning BAR .308 for 20 years and have never had a problem getting tight groups at a 100 yards plus. Hell I have killed deer with that thing 350 yards with no problem. The BAR gas opperated design lets it shoot tight groups with with minimal recoil and barrel jump. It is by far the most accurate of semi-auto loading rifles. Now my BAR is the older original Belgium made. I know they changed the design slightly when they started producing them in the US.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I have a BAR in 30-06, and have killed deer and elk with it, and NEVER had any regrets about buying it. I often get looks from bench shooters at the tight groups (1" and under) that I shoot with it at 100yds.Mine gets bounced around on the 4-wheeler all season, bumped around in the woods, rained on, and it has never lost zero.

In addition to a 6x6 elk, so far this year I killed a 6-point deer in Georgia at a laser-ranged distanceof 250 yds - double lung - right where I was aiming. I love mine.

Ed

·
Registered
107 Posts
I shoot a Bar in the .280 caliber and also reload my own bullets. I would expect 1 inch groups even with factory loads.One question though is that shooting out of a vise or freehand?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have used a Bar 270 for over 10 years. I love it, You mightneed to check several things. like your scope or the mounts. They might be loose. Have you cleaned it lately. If the barrel is dirty it could cause the problem. Sometimes after cleaning the barrel the first few shots may not group well. With my browning I have found most of the problems to be the nut pulling the trigger {me}.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts