Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I apologize if this is somewhere else, but here goes. I'm wanting to hit the pass tomorrow morning for some sheepshead action. I assume most people launch from Ft. Pickens and paddle across the pass to fish the jetties? From looking at googlemaps there are only two jetties on the west side of the pass. Is this where the action is. I'll probably just follow the boats, but I'd like to have a general idea. Also, last time I launched at Pickens it was on the gulf side. Where is the best launch site for fishing for sheepshead. Sorry for the newb questions, but someone's gotta ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
fish the south jetty which will be the rock jetties. the action has been better on a outgoing tide but as long as you get on top of the rocks you can catch them just about all day. and when i say on top, i mean, in about 15-20ft of water directly over the jetties dropping your bait straight down. if you dont have a depth finder just remember that it drops off really quick. 25 yards off the end of the jetties youll be in 25-30ft of water, 30-35yrds off youll be in 40+ft

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I have a FF so I'll be looking for that 15-20' range.

By the way I'm gonna try to be out there around 9-10am. If anyone's out there feel free to say hey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts