Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luckily it was an easy fix, but the roll pin that holds the rudder into the hull fell out while on the water today. It was easy to reinstall it but using the half paddle as a rudder all the back to the truck blew.

Any one else have this happen before? It was only like the 10th time I have had this yak out. I think I am going to dab some silcone on it to help keep it in there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not sure how it is made compared to a pa14 but i took my pin out and replaces with a stainless steel cotter pin so it wont fall out
I will be doing that aswell. That's a good call thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Recently, I purchased a PA12 and have only been out with it a couple of times - no issues. However, this post intrigues me - so, to check, do I need to remove the black access cover over the rudder to check the roll pin that holds the rudder into the hull, or can I check it without removing the cover? Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will need to remove to cover. The shaft from the rudder comes up through the hull and into the bell crank, the rollpin holds it there.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had to replace mine with a fishhook shaft while out at 3-barges. Luckily BDuv carries a phillips screwdiver. Now I carry a spare SS Pin, screwdriver, wrench and hex head for simple rudder and pedal repairs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts