Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone priced a basic L3901, 4x4 with loader lately? No package deals, just the tractor.

anything good or bad to say about them?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I own one. I'm working it in the mountains and on unlevel ground and I will tell tell you be ready for it to flip.
All depends on what you want it for? It was all I could afford but is fine for my 10 acres.

Learn very fast to lower that bucket when it starts to go sideways.

Don't know how it wouldn't be enough tractor in Florida though.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I broke it but it's getting repaired and thinking of adding a smaller one with finish mower.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
If serious about bulldozer it will be fine as long as you are not trying to bull over pine trees. Had to call in a guy with small backhoe for that. Not saying you can't get them up but takes FOREVER. Those tap roots run deep.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
2nd pic is at the beginning. 3 and 4 are in progress and 1 is end job.

L3901 did it all but the pine trees. Even the piling of brush piles.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You would be amazed at the holes I have cleared out on my place. Amazing what you do with a 4x4 tractor with a bucket.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Murph, are you saying it's tippy side to side or if the bucket is loaded and front heavy?

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Oh, when using the bucket or grapple. The hydraulic system will flip it in a second, same for moving with a load around a hill and letting the tire run over a rock. If not on flat ground be ready at all times.

Pix don't show the amount of angle in the pix but it's there.

Personally the tractor is to much just for plots but you never know what you may need it for.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Not to bust your thread, but has anyone heard from Submariner. the tractor tipping thing got me thinking.
he and judy are in pennsylvania. i'll shoot you a pm with his phone number if you need it.

jack

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is the stuff I was clearing. Occasionally I get a wild hair and decide to clear parts of my property a tractor shouldn't be used for.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
i've been checking craigslist pretty regular for one. the 3901 is just under 20k but i'd rather have a loader and a belly mower so the bx2670 is what i need. around 12k for one of those. i'm still shopping.

jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts