Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to build a detached shop at my house and trying to figure out whether I sub it myself or get a contractor. I am looking for something around 24 x 24 with an upstairs loft and vinyl on the outside. Anyone have any idea how much something like this would cost? Right now I am looking just for the shell (no electric or the loft being finished. I got one price from a contractor which I think is pretty good but want to do my due diligence. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I built my 20 x 32 garage out of cinder block by myself. This was in 77. Bought everything on my own. Cost around 2 grand. No permit was needed for the structure. Only a electrical permit. The laws have changed since then but the inspectors will work and advise you. I never touched a cinder block before the garage. You can do it buy yourself by contracting or do it all with a little help. I was 34 then. Damn time flies. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I had to build a new shed after Ivan. I poured a 20' x 20' slab, framed the walls at 8 feet, built and installed trusses, covered the walls and roof with the painted steel panels ordered already cut to length, installed a pre-hung exterior door, and had Pinkard's install a one-car garage door.
Total cost was somewhere between $4k and $5k... don't remember exactly. I did pay a helper for a good bit of labor, so that was included in the total cost.

Our new place had no shed, so we built a 12' x 14' barn style with two lofts a few years ago. (Not on a slab.) Total cost was just a hair over $4k. The only paid labor on this project was to install the paper, shingles, drip edge, and ridge vent.

·
Super Moderator
28,374 Posts
Get a pole barn kit and side it in... I got John at Camp 11 to build my 30x60 with 14 ft eves (big enough fer a loft) ($7500-7800). Eventually I will side mine in but right now it is open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts