Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys - I asked for help on this fella awhile back - but if you remember, it was a pic w/ his head down and he was way back in the far left corner of the pic...well, the lil fella has started coming around the plot and seems to be hanging around too - I can only hope he does this for the next month or two(in case I have to wait til gun season since there is not a stand right where he is - just might end up with one there!)

So what ya'll thinking as far as age? My guess is 3-3.5 but as I said before - still trying to learn to judge these camera pics...Now then - what do ya think he would score?

Ok, - so hopefully these will be good enough pics to get some feed back...BTW, between last sat. and today - I had 830 pics on this camera!!!!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I would say that's about right, maybe 4.5 but I think 3.5 is the better guess. The little bit of belly sag indicates he might be a little older but he could be just fat. Daytime photo's show his colors will help age him a little better. Very healthy deer though, good luck.

·
Super Moderator
27,940 Posts
3.5 would be purty good I think.....I wouldn't let him make 4:shedevil:letsdrink

·
Registered
151 Posts
There are 2 bucks in the 3rd picture. I can't tell if the deer on the left side of the picture is a spike which would make it 3 bucks. They look between 2.5- 3.5 years old to me. It depends on the gene pool and available food source. I was in a club in Bunea Vista, AL where we were required to pull jaw bones, weigh and measure the deer. The five of us averaged about 50-60 deer a year (late 80's early 90's) trying to meet the management requirements set forth by the Auburn management program. They told us every year how many deer to harvest. I was fooled more than once when we first started out because I couldn't believe how young some bucks were with nice racks/weight and how old others were. The biologist that came and talked to us said it is very hard to predict unless you really knew your herd, strictly managed it and everyone around you does the same. Oh yea, about 5 years into the program, which was a lease requirement by the land owner, it really started making a difference.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grassflatsfisher (10/7/2009)If you don't want to shoot him let me do it! He's 3.5+...
Appreciate the offer - but you would make the 4th competitor for him...well, not including Saltgrass(Mike)! lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Better get him before i do!!! (lol) :moonOf course i hope his bigger brother comes out too.I can see it now we might as well call that stand your spot (lol). Of course would be great if one of our boys got him also. Esp your boy he is due for a good buck!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
southluck (10/7/2009)Better get him before i do!!! (lol) :moonOf course i hope his bigger brother comes out too.I can see it now we might as well call that stand your spot (lol). Of course would be great if one of our boys got him also. Esp your boy he is due for a good buck!
:withstupid

Hell, I coulda sworn I already explained the club rules to you, especially the part where club pres gets 1st dibs on any and all good deer!:blownaway lmao :poke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts